Consider the following questions and prepare answers for discussion in your class.
Please provide a one to two paragraph answer to the following questions:
- Describe what is meant by the concept that public relations is one of mixed-motives.
- Define the purpose of public relations ethics.
- Describe what Seib and Fitzpatrick mean when they suggest that social harmony is the moral purpose of public relations.
Case Study Application Questions
Please answer the following questions after reading the one-page case study provided with this lesson.
- If you were working with Burson-Marsteller and were asked what you would recommend when Facebook requested a campaign like this, what would your answer be? As part of your response, be sure to address ethical obligations of public relations professionals and the role of public relations within society.
- What do you perceive to be the implications in society for public relations when situations like the case of Facebook and Burson-Marsteller occur?